Work Term: June 1 – August 31, 2017
Delta Fastpitch Association is looking for 4 successful candidates to assist with 3 projects over the summer months. As interns, the successful candidates will work along side the Delta Fastpitch Executives on the following projects:
- U16 Fastpitch Nationals
- Held in North Delta, BC, this event will be a week long of intense games with many opportunities to be helping out at the fields and prior to date.
- Project: Y.E.S.
- Y. E. S. is designed to teach the youth playing sports about transferable skills that can help them on and off the field. Some of these skills can include effective communications, critical thinking, problem solving, team work, and so much more. We believe that giving the youth a foundation to build on is the start to SUCCESS. We will be building strong skills in the Emotional, and Mental areas of life and will leave the physical aspects of the game up to the Coaches.
- Concussion Education and Protocol
- Assist in establishing a concussion protocol program for Delta Fastpitch by working with other sport association and local Health care group.
- Active involvement in the preparation of the U16 Nationals
- Assist with planning and implement of Project: Y. E. S.
- Assist with mentoring U10 and LTP
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assist with responding to parent questions about skill development, U16 Nationals, and information on concussions.
- Develop a Social Medial Plan
- Ensure programs run on schedule and all required supplies are available
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work as a team member
- Able to work independently while under supervision
- Effective Communications
- Computer Skills
- Attention to Details
- Preference will be given to students who have had a history of working with sporting youth
This is a paid, full-time position that will require some evening and weekend shifts and open to any students attending Secondary or post secondary schools in 2017/18
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Lisa Brown at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 15.